Turkish citizenship via buying a real estate in Turkey
Turkey is a popular destination for living and working. If you and your family are planning to make a brand new start in another country Turkey is offering the way to citizenship via property investment. Turkish citizenship by propert investment is rather easy compared to global similar programmes.
Below are the steps for obtaining a Turkish passport for yourself and your family by buying a real estate in Turkey:
To apply for Turkish citizenship through buying real estate in Turkey, you will need to follow these steps:
- Purchase a property in Turkey: You will need to buy a property in Turkey that is valued at or above a certain amount, which is currently set at 400,000 USD. The amount was 250,000 USD last year however it has been updated due to high demand.
- Register the property in your name: The property must be registered in your name and you must be able to provide proof of purchase. The property registration is made in the relevant land and cadastrate general directorate local office in Turkey.
- Obtain a Residence Permit: Once you have purchased the property, you will need to obtain a Residence Permit. This can be done by submitting the required documents to the nearest immigration office or to the nearest help centre for citizenship.
- No requirement for waiting period: You do not ned to wait for a certain period of time before applying for Turkish citizenship. You may apply to Turkish citizenship immediately after purchasing the property.
- Meet the other requirement: You will also need to meet other requirements such as not having criminal record from certain crimes and not being a threat to national security. These conditions are being examined by the Ministry of Interior after the application.
- Submit the Application: Once you have met all the requirements, you can submit your application for Turkish citizenship. The application must be submitted to the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs of the Ministry of Interior.
- Wait for the decision: Your application will be reviewed by the authorities and a decision will be made. The decision may take several months deu to high demand.
Please note that the information provided here is a general guide and the specific requirements and processes may vary depending on your country of origin, and the laws of Turkey can change at any time. So it is always a good idea to consult with an immigration expert to ensure that you are following the correct process and that you have all the necessary documents.
by Bünyamin ESEN, Senior Investment Consultant & Founding Partner