According to the Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection, residence permit refers to the permit issued to foreign nationals to stay in Turkey. This permit issued by the competent authorities gives the foreigner the right to live in our country for a certain period of time and in a certain place.
Student residence permit is regulated in the Articles 38 to 41 of the Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection.

In Turkey, "student residence permit" is issued to foreigners who will receive education at the levels of associate degree, bachelor's degree, master's degree, doctorate, specialization in medicine, specialization in dentistry in a higher education institution established in Turkey, private or public.

Under certain conditions, it is possible for student residence permit holders to work legally in Turkey and earn wage income. Associate, undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students who receive formal education in Turkey can work provided that they obtain a work permit.

However, the right to work for associate and undergraduate students starts after the first year.

Work permit applications should be made to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security. Work permit applications are evaluated according to general rules.

Please contact our company for more information and to apply for student residence and work permit.

Bünyamin Esen, Founding Partner and Senior Migration Advisor