Insured employment entry declaration for foreigners in Turkey
According to the Social Insurance System of Turkey, one of the main obligations of employers is the obligation to give insured employment entry declaration regarding the persons they employ.
For those deemed insured within the scope of the first paragraph (a) of the Article 4 of the Social Security and General Health Insurance Code No. 5510, the insured employment entry declaration must be submitted through e-declaration system one day prior the start of working, at the latest. The employer is the one who is obliged to give this declaration. The declaration must be sent to the Social Security Institution online.
Special situations in giving an insured employment declaration
As a general rule, the insured employment entry declaration must be given one day before the insured starts the work. However, in some cases and in some workplaces, the deadline for the insured employment entry declaration changes. These are as follows:
• The insured employment declaration must be given at the day of start of working, at the latest, for the insured persons who will be working in construction, fishing and agricultural workplaces.
• The insured employment statement must be submitted within one month from the date of employment of the insured persons employed during the voyage with the transportation vehicles making voyages to foreign countries.
• In workplaces that submit a workplace notification to the Social Security Institution for the first time, for those who will be hired within one month from the establishment of the workplace, the insured employment statement must be submitted within one month from the registration date of the workplace at the latest.
Notification of the work permit of foreigners
The deadline for the insured employment of the foreign nationals subject to work permit is different in the Turkish social insurance legislation. In this regard, the deadline for this declaration is closely related to the validity date of the work permit.
• As the first case, the insured employment declaration of foreign nationals must be given within 45 days from the start date of the permission stated on the physical work permit (the validity date).
• In case the notification date of the work permit is different from the validity date of the work permit, the employer's insured employment entry declaration must be issued within 45 days from the date of notification of the work permit.
• From 11 April 2014 and on, the insured employment entry declaration must be given within 30 days in any case as to start from the validity date of the work permit.
For more information about social security liabilities for foreigner workers and for obtaining a work permit please consult to one of our experts.
by Bünyamin Esen, Founding Partner & Senior Migration Consultant