How to get a Visa to Turkey?
Turkey is a popular country as a destinarion of tourism, studying, residing or business. Thus, many people are interested in getting a visa to Turkey and asking the question of "how to get a visa to Turkey."
To get a visa to Turkey, you will need to follow these steps:
- Determine the type of visa you need: Turkey offers different types of visas, including tourist visas, business visas, transit visas, and student visas. Make sure you apply for the correct type of visa otherwise your application might be refused.
- Gather the necessary documents: This will vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for, but typically you will need to provide a valid passport, a completed visa application form, and proof of your travel plans, such as a hotel booking or flight itinerary. If you are coming to Turkish for a business visit such a business meeting or a trade fair, you are required to attach the relevant documents as well, such as an invitation letter from the relevant business contact in Turkey, your business plan and the contact persons information.
- Pay the visa fee: Although it changes from one country to another, the average visa fee for Turkey is currently 20 USD, and it can be paid online via the e-Visa application website, or in cash at the Turkish border if you are applying for a visa on arrival. Note that only citizens of certain countries are eligible for a border visa/ visa on arrival in Turkey.
- Submit your application: You can apply for a visa online through the e-Visa application website, or in person at a Turkish embassy or consulate. However, in many conditions, you are invited for an interview for the visa.
- Wait for your visa to be processed: The processing time for a Turkish visa varies, but it generally takes a few days to a few weeks. Be sure to apply for your visa well in advance of your planned trip to Turkey.
- Once your application is approved, you will get an e-visa via email. Print it and take it with you while travelling.
Please note that the information provided here is a general guide, and the specific requirements and processes may vary depending on your country of origin and the type of visa you are applying for. Thus, getting an expert help is utmost important for a succesful visa application.
Regardless of the visa regime applied towards the citizens of a country, the travel document holders of that country need to obtain visa from Turkish missions beforehand.
Visa regime for truck drivers of a country may differ from the overall visa regime effective for citizens of that particular country. Foreigners who will shoot a documentary film conduct a research or an archeological excavation should get a special permission from the Turkish authorities in advance.
by Bünyamin ESEN, Senior Investment Consultant & Founding Partner